Company History

1946 Established Kitano Kenchiku Kogyo Corp.
Yoshito Kitano became President
1948 Changed name to Kitano Construction Corp.
1963 Tsuguto Kitano became President
1971 Established Nagano Tokyu Agency Inc. (now "Asahi Agency Inc.")
Established Ski Team
1973 Hotel Kitano opened in New York City
Listed on Second Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
1978 Established Institute of Technology
1980 Opened Kawanakajima Country Club
(Kawanakajima Tochi Kaihatsu Co., Ltd.)
1981 Promoted to First Section of the Tokyo Stock exchange
1985 40th Anniversary of Foundation
New wing of Nagano Head Office completed
1989 Opened Solomon Kitano Mendana Hotel, Solomon Islands
1992 West wing of Nagano Head Office completed
Opened Kitano Sculpture Gallery
1994 Main building of Tokyo Head Office completed
Grand opening of Kitano Bungeiza theater
1995 50th Anniversary of Foundation
Grand opening of The Kitano New York
1998 Grand opening of Hotel Nikko Hanoi
1999 Achieved ISO9001 certification
2001 Achieved ISO14001 certification
2007 Takahiro Kitano became Chairman and President
2014 Started photovoltaic power generation business